Meditation is gaining popularity these days. And with our ever stressful lives, it seems more important now than ever before for people to incorporate some sort of meditation practice into their lives.
Meditation offers relief from the pressures of our daily struggles, doing battle with the rat race. Liberation from suffering. Sounds amazing right!
But hold on.
Before we get too excited and jump right into our first stress relieving breathing exercise, it’s important to understand the basics of meditation.
If you get the fundamentals right, you’ll find the practice much easier and are more likely to find it rewarding. Otherwise you will simply be contemplating. Daydreaming. Or worse. Sleeping. All good pastimes, but not what meditation is about.
I can’t stress this enough.The Gregarious Hermit – Mat Robinson
DO NOT skip these sections. You might save time reading, but you’ll waste many frustrated hours pretending to meditate.
Even if you already consider yourself to be an accomplished meditator. Understanding the information in these next few pages makes meditation much more rewarding and makes a journey beyond simple relaxation into the spiritual realm more attainable.
So be patient. Sit tight and prepare to blow your own mind.
Well actually, don’t just sit there. Click here to get started
Meditation Boot Camp – Quick Navigation
- Meditation Roots – the history of meditation
- Why Meditate? – why do we need to meditate
- Physical Relaxation – the importance of physical relaxation for meditation
- Meditation Environment – how to set up the perfect environment for meditation
- Meditation Posture – different meditation postures that work for everyone
- Breathe Properly – both energize and relax your body by breathing properly
- Breathing Practice – simple breathing exercise before meditating
- Subtle Sensations – becoming aware of your body
- Stop the Mind – stopping the mind from chattering
- Entertain the Monkey – giving the mind a task during meditation
- Follow the Breath – focusing on breathing during meditation
- Simple Breathing Meditation – putting it all together in meditation
- Meditation is a Journey – make meditation a lifelong practice
Events & Workshops
October 15 – Things should be different - Understanding Happiness
November 19 – Things should be different - Understanding Happiness